Re: Finding open/shorts in car electrical system

To: wmc_st@xxiii.com
Subject: Re: Finding open/shorts in car electrical system
From: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 22:12:34 -0500
On 12/19/06, wmc_st@xxiii.com <wmc_st@xxiii.com> wrote:

> At 09:40 PM 12/19/2006, David Scheidt wrote:
>  > It doesn't work on powered equipment, which might be a limitation for some.
>
> Also note, the telephone & network toners I've used require both
> leads from it to be connected to a pair of wires.  They don't have to
> be a circuit or have a load on them, but it doesn't work on a single
> wire, which could be a problem with automotive style wiring.

The one I've got does.  It works better over a pair of wires, or with
a ground connection.  It's got a pair of aligator clips, one ground,
one with the signal, as well as a rj11 plug.  If you clip the signal
to a wire, you can find it.  It works over car distances; I don't know
about house ones.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com