Re: air grease gun tube

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: air grease gun tube
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 13:16:17 -0600
On the grease gun thread...

I've got perennial problems with poor grease gun connectors, and usually
struggle to get the nozzle onto the zerk, particularly when using the hose
extension.  Buying name brands doesn't always pay off any more - everything
seems to have gone the Auto Zone Chinese crap route...

Reaching into some hidden area and trying to grip the greasy hose and
slippery connector is no fun at all.  The slide-on side-type connector
sometimes helps, but often it's no easier or just won't fit.  Is there a
manually locking zerk connector available that will slip on easily and then
you can overtly lock it, to avoid the hard push and too-easy pop-off (or the
occasional near-impossible removal) ?

And how about a narrow zerk connector for getting into tight u-joint crosses
??  Currently I have to use a really old little Alemite grease gun that
doesn't even lock on - it's just got a cup at the end of a solid nozzle and
you hold it onto the zerk with hand pressure only.  It's at least compact...

Thanks !
Karl