Re: best air wrench

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: best air wrench
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 12:33:32 -0400
old dirtbeard wrote:
> ..... buy a decent air wrench (I have an old cheap one that is fine for
> I am thinking about the IR Thundergun but see they now have a "Titanium" model
> for about $70 more. Any experience with either of these wrenches?

Air tools need to be oiled to make them last.  Unfortunaately, all the ones
I've used blow oil splatter in all the worst places, like on your hands,
wheels, or brake rotors.

My solution is buy a cheap-ass <$30 one from Harbor Junk or walmart;  give it a
drop of oil on rare occasions.  It runs nice and clean!  It also wears out
relatively quickly, but hey! ... it only cost $19.85

  -Wayne