Re: Cordless drill

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cordless drill
From: jamesf@groupwbench.org
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:57:00 -0400 (EDT)
> It's been about 2 1/2 years since we had a cordless drill thread, and I'm
> getting ready to buy a new one.

I have this one:

http://www.blackanddecker.com/ProductGuide/Product-Details.aspx?ProductID=6321

though it came in this kit:

http://www.blackanddecker.com/ProductGuide/Product-Details.aspx?ProductID=10477

maybe it's just a color difference.

Anyway, it was absurdly cheap, I want to say $39.99 but it's been a few
years. It has drilled countless drywall screws, is stong enough to snap
the heads off them when I hit a knot, and is light enough to do that
overhead. When the motor finally baked from trying to drill something far
beyond the design capabilities, I was able to buy a new one for $11.

It's definitely a cheap drill but it has served my needs for many years.

jim