Re: [Shop-talk] Bench Grinder, new grinding wheel

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Bench Grinder, new grinding wheel
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 18:06:35 -0700
> There is
> enough play in these adapter pieces that I can "adjust" the wheel
> slightly before I tighten the nut.

Then either the plastic pieces or the wheel are defective, IMO.  I have the
same setup from Enco, and mine fit snugly.

>  Is that the way to go, or is there
> some kind of special trick to this?

The wheel should be snug on the arbor.  However, IMO it's fairly normal for
a new wheel to not run perfectly true, and need to be dressed after
installation.
At least for a grinder with a 1/2" arbor and any wheel you're likely to find
at Sears <g>

Randall
(Tedious but unavoidable disclaimer follows)

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may
contain information proprietary to NavCom Technology, Inc., or one of its
affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to
third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the
intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail
to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic
mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying
of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.