Re: [Shop-talk] Garage paint/Clear over epoxy?/ Its always something

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Garage paint/Clear over epoxy?/ Its always something
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 12:34:09 -0400
You're most likely screwed, but goto Lowe's and complain.  The droid
at the store will most likely give you the 800 customer support # for
the paint manuf.

I used to live down your way (East Greenville) and when I painted my
house, the Behr paint lifted off the Kilz primer.  I went to Home
Depot (Pottstown) and complained, the guy gave me Beh'r s800 # and
Behr had me send receipts in for all the paint I had bought that was
affected - both Behr and Kilz - and they sent me a check to cover
that.  Nothing for my time and aggravation but I did get a couple
hundred for the paint.

Hopefully, you can get at least the same out of Lowe's.....

At 6/24/2007 at 22:15, Shakespearean monkeys danced on Phil Nase's
keyboard and said:
>  The floor is painted and it looks good, except.  I needed more paint, the
>coverage wasn't nearly what it was supposed to be.
>
>Went back to Lowes and got more paint.  Put it down and it's a different
>color.  So I have two shades of blue floor.  The paint dries way different
>than it goes on so I kept painting but now it's evident that they are
>different shades.
>
>What kind of satisfaction should I ask for at Lowes?   I don't even know if
>I can second coat it now.  The different color is about 2/5 s of the garage
>floor so its hard not to notice it.

Cheers!