Re: [Shop-talk] Timer Switches

To: Wayne <>, Shop Talk List <>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Timer Switches
From: Steven Trovato <>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 17:11:26 -0400
What would be the point?  Wired in parallel, if either one is on, the
fan is on.  That means you have a fan timer if the timer is
used.  And you have an always on fan if the other toggle is
used.  You can buy a spring wind timer with a "stay on forever"
position.  That would give you the same functionality, right?

>But I haven't gotten around to installing it.  I was wondering -- I'd
>like to have the timer dial AND a regular toggle side by side in the
>box.  Makes sense I can just wire the two in parallel.  Is there
>anything in the electrical code or elsewhere that makes that prohibited,
>or a Bad Idea?
>    -Wayne
>Shop-talk mailing list

Shop-talk mailing list