[Shop-talk] Ear Muffs with Built-In Radio Tuners

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Ear Muffs with Built-In Radio Tuners
From: "Paul Parkanzky" <parkanzky@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 13:30:35 -0500
My wife has informed me that my father-in-law would like a set of ear muffs
that combine hearing protection with the ability to listen to a game while
he mows the lawn, runs his tractors, splits wood, etc.  Seems like a good
Christmas gift, so I started Googling.  It looks as though I have a bunch of
options, and I can't remember a time in the last half-dozen years this list
was stumped...

For ~$80 I can get an Elvex Com-660.  AM/FM, takes AA batteries.  For about
$100, Elvex sells an FM-only model that is rechargeable.  I don't yet know
whether or not he would want AM (And I can only hope that my MIL will
know).  I like the rechargeable idea (no batteries to remove/install, just
plug it in when he's not using it).  Peltor (a brand I like) also sells some
similar to the Com-660's for ~$85.

Does anybody have any experience with any of these?  Is there a model that
you guys like?  Anything to stay away from?  If I were your son-in-law,
which would you want me to buy you?

-Paul