Re: [Shop-talk] Snake Light

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Snake Light
From: Jimmie Mayfield <mayfield+shoptalk@sackheads.org>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 22:02:45 -0500
On Sun, Dec 09, 2007 at 11:46:06AM -0800, Randall wrote:
> WOW !  What a candy store !  Any idea which one you got ?  I've already
> found 4 different ones, prices ranging from $5 to $9 and there's another 25
> pages of LED & battery stuff to go ...

They do have a lot of stuff, don't they?  Most of it is crap but there are
some good values.  This looks like the headlamp I have:

They have some other LED lights that are worth looking at.  I have
an older 1-mode Ultrafire C3 that I like a lot.  It puts all my incandescent
lights to shame (including both my 6V lanterns).  Bang for buck, it's hard
to beat.  Looks like it's been updated to include a 5-mode switch:

Then there are the higher-end brands like Fenix, Surefire and Novatac but
most folks will have a hard time justifying their prices (and rightly so
given the performance that can be had for $20-$30).

Anybody who's still using an incandescent flashlight (or who hasn't looked
beyond the LED Maglites) owes it to themselves to take a look.  It's a
night and day difference.

Jimmie