Re: [Shop-talk] Torque wrench - repair or replace?

To: Larry Spector <lspector@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Torque wrench - repair or replace?
From: Pat Horne <roadsters@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 09:15:30 -0600
Larry,

You can calibrate it yourself. All you need is a torque wrench that is
calibrated and a home made adapter. Borrow a wrench and weld 2 sockets
together face to face so that the square ends point away from each
other. Secure one of the wrench handles so you don't have to hold both,
and couple the wrenches together with the handles close to each other.
Now, with the help of someone to read the second wrench, pull the free
wrench and adjust the setting as needed to get the wrenches to agree.
Since you use the wrench at a single torque, or at least several in the
same range, calibrate the wrench so that it is most accurate at that
torque.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Larry Spector:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001