Re: [Shop-talk] temp controlled light switch

To: Skip Albright <salbrigh@nycap.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] temp controlled light switch
From: Pat Horne <roadsters@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 15:27:40 -0600
Skip,

It depends. Is the purpose of the light coming on so that a neighbor
will know to turn the heat on, or to supply heat to something that is
low temperature sensitive, or what?

I've seen temperature controllers intended for green house propagation
mats that will handle a fairly heavy load, but I don't know about the
temperature range. I just googled
'thermostatic switch Dayton" and got this url
http://www.drillspot.com/products/145885/Dayton_ET5D6S_Line_Voltage_Thermostat

It may do what you need. There are plenty of thermostatic temperature
switches that plug into an outlet that have a socket on it to plug
something  else into.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Skip Albright:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001