Re: [Shop-talk] Wireless router - signal boost

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Wireless router - signal boost
From: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:16:11 -0500
For the mechanically inclined?  Hehe, well let's see, live underground, wrap
your house in concrete or paint your walls with RF-blocking paint (it
exists).

The attacks have to do with weaknesses in the way encryption algorithms are
used in the WEP standard (I'm not a math or crypto person).  You can google if
you'd like more info.

Each time some new research comes out, the amount of time it takes gets
smaller, it's almost down to minutes now.  A weaker key will not last as long
as a stronger key, but at this point it almost doesn't matter.

PJ