Re: [Shop-talk] Fw: Cast iron to PVC soil pipe adapter?

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Fw: Cast iron to PVC soil pipe adapter?
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 22:53:13 -0400
I opened up my copy of Renovations by Litchfield and he had a bit on
extending the pipe via the cleanout. So I went down and had a better
look at the wye and the cleanout is threaded into a leaded adapter,
not into the wye itself like I originally thought. I was able to get
enough lead out, and there's enough altitude drop, that it seems
suitable to use this method and not disturb the wye.

Was XH called XH before SV was introduced? All the markings I can see
are CEPCO, and a W or M on one hub. I'll get a gasket type thing for
both from the "real" plumbing supply in the morning. If I can't get
it to seal with that, I have a box of lead wool that my dad had since
before I was born. Finally, I know what it's for :-)

thanks,
jim