Re: [Shop-talk] electrical box plate

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, "Matt" <mbarre@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] electrical box plate
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 06:58:13 -0500
Matt,

they make a flat metal insert for boxes that would hold a single  20 amp
receptacle in a standard sized box... like for an window air conditioner...
H.D. and Lowes carry them I know.  that should screw into the box threads
then your cover would screw into that adapter.

worst case is take a cheap switch and destroy it for the mounting strip

john