Re: [Shop-talk] drilling with a dremel

To: "'shop-talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] drilling with a dremel
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 05:27:06 -0700
> other than the bit size limit of about 1/8"  doesn't the
> dremel turn a bit fast even at the low speed for drilling ???
> especially in plastic ???

That has certainly been my experience.  Basically winds up melting a hole
rather than drilling it.  Which may not be such a bad thing if the
appearance of the hole isn't important.

I bought my late wife the smallest B&D cordless drill, which seemed to work
well for her purposes and didn't cost too much.  I think that and the little
plastic drill index only cost about $50 total; but of course that was a few
years ago.

Randall