Re: [Shop-talk] Silence

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Silence
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 19:42:56 +0400
Tell me about it.  The motor pool here has a BRAND NEW Miller 340 welder.
It's the cats meow.  Problem is, it doesn't work (it's brand new.)  They
don't want to send it back to the US (months without it,) so they said if
I fix it, I can use it whenever I want.  Couple that with a scrap yard
with plenty of military goodies in it and I'm in HEAVEN!

I haven't run it myself yet, but they say that it just revs full throttle,
with NO power to the panel.  There is a throttle servo that looks like it
could be a problem.  It has a red, black, and white wire going into it.
The schematics has the white wire listed as "CS2."  But I can't figure out
what that is supposed to be.

Can anyone familiar with Millers let me know how I can test the servo? can
I just put 12vdc across the black and red?

Also, I have limited tools but I'm working on getting a meter.  What
should the readings be at the servo?

Also note that the book says that the servo is a "Certified Miller
technician serviceable part only."  That's great, anyone got the Miller
rep for Iraq?

Seriously, can anyone help?

Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

"Gerald Brazil" <gerrybraz@cablespeed.com>
Sent by: shop-talk-bounces@autox.team.net
10/14/2008 05:11 PM

"'Patton Dickson'" <57healey@gmail.com>, "'Healey List'"
<healeys@autox.team.net>, "'Shop-Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
cc

Subject
Re: [Shop-talk] Silence

Read you 5 x 5.....people are just distracted.