[Shop-talk] Plumbing, pipe run between Trap and vent

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Plumbing, pipe run between Trap and vent
From: <nogera2@att.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 15:47:06 -0500
I'm starting a remodel of one of our bathrooms. As always, SWMBO has chosen
a vanity which is will not be a direct fit replacement.  I need to move the
drain pipe between the trap and the vent pipe. Currently the drain pipe is a
direct run in to the stack. If I move the pipe it would have two 90 degree
elbows between the trap and main drain-vent ( stack?).
Would this be permissible?
Basically my question is are elbows permitted between the trap and vent?

Second question; The new vanity has two sinks, should I hook them up like a
double tub kitchen sink with both sides sharing a single trap or should I
install a trap for each side?

Note: the distance between the trap and vent pipe is under 4 feet; the slope
will not be changed or possibly increased; overall distance between the trap
and vent will be increased 4 inches.

  Thanks in advance

Bob Nogueira