Re: [Shop-talk] using paypal

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] using paypal
From: "Nolan" <opposumking@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 19:51:44 -0400
So far, knock on wood, I've not been burned on or by paypal, yet.

I've had what used to be called a pro account for so long, I've no idea if
they still have the lower accounts that will let you receive a payment
without a fee.  But, if it's a credit card payment, you'd need a pro
account, and it's something like a 5% fee they skim off the top.

If it's an e-bay sale, if the customer does a chargeback paypal typically
freezes your account, then transfers the money back to the buyer, and then
considers investigating.  In that order from what I hear.  Safest course of
action is to immediately transfer the funds to your bank account.  But
that's no guarantee either, as I've heard it boths ways, they can they
cannot access your bank account to cover chargebacks.