Re: [Shop-talk] What to do with oily rags?

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] What to do with oily rags?
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 17:33:10 -0500
Detergent is just liquid Tide.  I do put them in a 5 gal pail with
some Lestoil to soak until I have enough to wash.  I think maybe the
difference is that these rags are dirty, but not soaked through and
through with grease.  It's not like they're dripping with grease and
oil.  As for the local hazardous waste program, I think they hire
some outside company to run it.  I don't think they're likely to do
more than they are required to do, if it costs more money.  Where I
live (no sewers) everything that comes out in the washer ends up back
in the ground too.