Re: [Shop-talk] Mailbox to end all mailboxes

Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Mailbox to end all mailboxes
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 18:03:59 -0700
> Growing up I had a neighbor who had his mailbox take out regularly by
> the plow.  Town said tough luck.  He was a well driller so he set up his
> rig and bored into the bedrock.  He then insert an old drilling shaft
> into hole and set is mail box on top.  It was hit by the plow only once
> after that.

I was thinking something reinforced concrete three feet in diameter,
jacketed with 3/8in steel, and with hot water pumped through it to melt
any snow that builds up around the mailbox so the plow guy can't help
but see it.

But eventually you end up with a mailbox that costs as much to run as
the house...

John.