Re: [Shop-talk] Shop Security

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Shop Security
From: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 11:54:28 -0400
Insightful, thanks.  It completely doesn't address the fact that I have 2
windows that would be an easy entry point and garage locks that, like yours
I'm sure, can also be bypassed.  I just went out to my garage and picked the
lock in 30 seconds.  And I'm a total amateur.

I had an ADT system in the house for over 5 years, and it was a waste of
time/money from the perspective that it generated too many false alarms, and
they kept jacking up the monthly rates...

The other issue is trying not to reach a point where I'm spending more on a
system than the total value of what's inside - which really isn't a whole lot,
however it would suck to have it stolen.

Simply I would like to know when someone is where they should not
be, when they should not be there.  Imagine someone is at your back
door snooping around, wouldn't  you like to know that?  Does it generate a
loud noise when tripped? does it let me know when it
does so I can decide how to respond?  This is what I'm looking for.

-PJ