Re: [Shop-talk] Socket organizers?

To: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Socket organizers?
From: Nolan <opposumking@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 15:00:03 -0500
I've had the magnetic racks and the pinned type both.  Got rid of them
eventually.

The pinned rack type is almost nice in a shop where you roll your
cabinet around everywhere and never work of a table or in the driveway.
Otherwise, you're trying to carry around handfuls of sockets, and that
gets old real fast.

The magnetic ones don't hold securely, especially larger deep wall
sockets.  Turn the carrier over and they fall out.  I found that most
agravating.

So I end up back at my racks of spring loaded clips, and some
specialized socket trays.  The harborfreight ones are cheap, so I don't
mind cutting them to specific lengths.