Re: [Shop-talk] Harbor freight air line

To: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>, Spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Harbor freight air line
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 15:54:20 -0700
> As far as I can tell, their
> quality
> control is firing a supplier when too much stuff is returned.

And giving you a new one when you take one back.  My HF 4" angle grinder
sounds horrible; I figured the gears would be gone in a few weeks.  Over 10
years later, it's still going strong, in spite of having been loaned to a
teenager to strip an entire VW bug with it.

By contrast, the extended nose die grinder I got only ran for a minute or so
before dying.

But even adding up the cost of both tools, plus an extra trip, I've still
spent a lot less than a quality version of either tool.

-- Randall

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive