[Shop-talk] car a/c work

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] car a/c work
From: Jorge Garcia <fortee9er@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 08:37:14 -0700 (PDT)
As we say in Texas "I am fixing to do" some car a/c work and need advice. One
of the cars involved is a 1987 Volvo 740 with the original R12 system. I have
never touched the a/c system on this car all the 8 years that I've owned it. It
was low on freon when I purchased it and I rolled down the windows and drove
that way for a couple of years. Then it went into storage for five years. I
have now revived it gotten it to pass the state emissions and safety inspection
but I want air conditioning.
How do I test for leaks since the system is virtually empty? I have never done
any a/c work on my cars but I do have a/c gauges for r12 and r134 and a few
other a/c tools are available to me from friends.
Any advice/comments on this project will be greatly appreciated.
Jorge

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive