[Shop-talk] That isn't nice

To: 'Shop Talk' <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] That isn't nice
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 19:29:17 -0600
A cold and wet day here in Salt Lake, I fix a pot of shrimp and sausage
soup*.  Dish it up for our dinner, turn on the TV to watch the evening
news.  Nothing but static.  The cheap little digital converter box we bought
last year has kissed the turf.

Should I just buy a new converter?  Should I break down and purchase
a new digital TV with money I don't really have to spend on such an item?

In truth I do have a digital television tuner card that came in a PC a few
years back, but none of the varieties of Unix I run recognize the hardware.
I'd hate to have a Windows box running just for TV news!

What fun.

mjb.

 *:  http://wasatchfoodies.com/viewtopic.php?f=8t=38

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html