[Shop-talk] coupling two shafts

Subject: [Shop-talk] coupling two shafts
From: jem at milleredp.com (John Miller)
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 12:40:04 -0800
> http://www.clubfte.com/users/jniolon/connector.jpg
>
> the 3/4 male end would fit into the gear drive and the 1-9/16 female
> would slide over the shaft of the engine stand head... haven't gotten to
> the tightening part yet... maybe set screw on a flat portion of the
> shaft ???

Okay, then come up with something like that.  RPM/balance doesn't seem
to be a factor.

If you want to be neat it looks like a piece of 2in solid bar stock with
a 3/4in hole in one end and a 1 9/16in hole in the other.   Keyway
machined in one end (presumably with a threaded set-screw hole at 90
degrees or something) and you're probably going to use a through-bolt or
a big roll pin in the other.

I'm guessing the guy who does my one-off machine work would want $75 to
do that.

Failing that, you might be able to weld together some combination of
pipe fittings and etc.

A motorized engine stand?  Must be a scale of engine I don't deal with...

John.