[Shop-talk] Vinyl siding

Subject: [Shop-talk] Vinyl siding
From: bjshov8 at tx.rr.com (bjshov8 at tx.rr.com)
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 15:47:28 -0500
My guess, off the top of my head:
Find some repair material, either similar plastic or maybe even sheet metal.
Cut a strip with width just less than the largest dimension of the opening, so
the strip will slip through the opening.  Make the length of the strip equal to
about twice the dimension of the opening.  Tie a string around the middle of
the strip.  Put glue on each end of the strip, push the entire strip through
the opening, use the string to pull it back against the inside surface of the
siding.  It should now fill the opening or almost fill the opening.  After the
glue dries you can caulk the surface if desired and paint to match.  The
biggest challenge would seem to be finding a glue that will bond to the vinyl
siding.