[Shop-talk] Craftsman edger motor lost its suck

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Craftsman edger motor lost its suck
From: Ron Horwitz <ronglue@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 15:11:56 -0700 (PDT)
25cc 2 stroke engine died mid use.  Upon inspection, the original fuel hose
disintegrated and dropped the pickup into the tank.  I replaced the hose, and
squeezed the bulb to reprime and the problems started.  I can see bubbles in
the fuel as I squeeze the bulb, but then there is no suction.  I was able to
suction fuel the old fashion way, so I got fuel into the tube but even then the
bulb couldn't prime the engine.  I took the bulb off thinking it might have a
crack, but no, it'll hold vacuum on my thumb just fine.  When I put it back on
the plate that it attaches to ahead of the carb, I get a whistle when I push
but no suction when I put my thumb over the fuel line connection.  Any thoughts
before I just start replacing parts?

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive