Re: [Shop-talk] storage shed plans

To: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] storage shed plans
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 18:24:47 -0700
Couple of years ago I decided I wanted an 8x12 garden shed, and I
bought a "How to Make a Shed" book, etc.  Then I realized I could be a
well-made, attractive one for only a bit more than all the materials
would cost.  The one I chose was made by the Amish in Pennsylvania
(who seem to ship them everywhere).  The ones sold by Home Depot, etc.
were of much lower quality.

Doug

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 6:18 PM, Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 8:14 PM, Tim <tputland@charter.net> wrote:
>> Any one out there care to share a set of plans for a small shed I can
>> attempt to build myself?
>
> What sort of shed?  My first thought is there's nothing complicated
> about a shed.  My next thought is that if you build in multiples of 4,
> like 8' by 16' or 12' by 12', you'll get about the same square
> footage, but waste a lot less material.
>
> What will you do with your shed? This will determine size, foundation
> and floor type.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive