Re: [Shop-talk] storage shed plans

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] storage shed plans
From: <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 12:12:12 -0400
These links illustrate how our modern internet works.  Very few sites have real
content, they just link to each other.

These links actually have meaningful information in them:

http://www.buildeazy.com/shed_1.html  (but it indicates too many horizontal
pieces in the walls, you don't need them if you are using plywood for the
exterior)
http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/how-to-plans/sheds/1275876
http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/how-to-plans/sheds/1276536

Basically what you do is to build walls with vertical 2x4's at 16" on center,
and a horizontal 2x4 at the top and the bottom.  Make the height what you want
but it is best if it coordinates with the 8' length of plywood.  You can build
sloping framing for the roof, either little trusses or just straight pieces of
2x6 or 2x8.  In this case you would build one side wall taller than the
opposite side wall so that the roof will slope.  Nail on some plywood and
roofing and you are in business.  Oh and a door too.