[Shop-talk] Removing Vinyl ester.pa.mail.comcast.net>

Subject: [Shop-talk] Removing Vinyl ester.pa.mail.comcast.net>
From: jblair1948 at cox.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Sat, 07 May 2011 09:17:26 -0400
At 07:41 PM 5/6/2011, pdqtr6 at comcast.net wrote:

 >I have the task at work of removing a lot of vinyl lettering from
the sides of
 >the 2 company delivery vans.B  The lettering and logos have been on the vans
 >since they were new several years ago, and are quite secure.B  Are there any
 >tips or (better yet) trade secrets that you can share?B  I have a real heat
 >gun (not a hair dryer), a fresh can of 3M adhesive remover, and an old razor
 >blade scraper (which scares the s**t out of me).B  Unfortunately, I also have
 >an impatient boss.

I wouldn't get a razor blade scraper or heat gun any place near the paint job.

You'd be supprised how quickly the heat gun will bubble and lift the paint off
a vechile.

The razor blade scraper will cut and peel the paint also.

So remove both of these from concideration.

I agree with what others have said:

1. try talking to a auto paint supply house and aske them what they'd
recommend.

2. the vinyl eraser looks promisiong.

John