Re: [Shop-talk] Follow up on skidding trailer AND a new question about t

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Follow up on skidding trailer AND a new question about the Harbor Freight 16 ton Pipe bender
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2014 17:32:18 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
On Sun, 7 Sep 2014, eric@megageek.com wrote:
> The second question is for anyone that bought one of Harbor Freight's pipe
> bender.  My question is, do you have an neat ways to store it with all the
> dies?

    I bought one of these a few years ago.  Very useful for makjng terrible
quality, kinked, bends.  If you want anything decent to result, you're
going to have to fill the tube with sand and weld caps on the ends.  At
which point, you may as well suck it up and buy a real bender.

    I liked this tool so much I don't know where mine is.  I think I loaned
it out with the stipulation they never bring it back.

    It's a pipe kinker, not a bender.

--
  David Hillman