Re: [Shop-talk] flat screen tv to monitor

To: john niolon <jniolon@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] flat screen tv to monitor
From: John Innis <jdinnis@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 09:09:55 -0600
Cc: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
1080p is the minimum resolution for a computer monitor made in the last 20
years.  I have a CRT computer monitor from 1997 that will do better than
that.  I used it with a pentium 1 processor and graphics card from that
era.  Any computer you are likely to still be using can do 1600x1200, which
is much better than 1080p.  Remember that 1080 is meant for watching movies
from across the room, not looking at text and graphics from across your
desk.  If you are getting a monitor that large and want to use it for
normal PC tasks, get one that is 4k or does at least 1600x1200.  I have to
use a 1080 monitor at work, all day every day, and I hate it.