Re: [Shop-talk] Air compressor issue

To: Mike Rambour <lists@dinospider.com> 2903e8d5c8f:6.0.138,18.0.572,17.0.605.474.0000000 definitions=2020-02-14_11:2020-02-14_02,2020-02-14_11,2020-01-23_02 signatures=0 clxscore=1011 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 mlxscore=0 spamscore=0 suspectscore=0 malwarescore=0 mlxlogscore=999 classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx scancount=1 engine=8.12.0-2212070000 definitions=main-2307110188
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Air compressor issue
From: Pat Horne <patintexas@icloud.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2023 15:48:16 -0500
Cc: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Mike, I assume from your description that you shut the compressor off during
the week when you are not using it & the pressure bleeds of over the week &
does a cold start when you are ready to work.

I think Iâ??d start by removing the cover from the pressure switch & making
sure there isnâ??t some kind of nest or insect in there. Next, since the
compressor is older, Iâ??d clean the contacts on the switch. It canâ??t hurt
unless you try to do it with power on! If it still behaves the same, with the
pressure below about 100, lightly tap the switch with an insulated handle to
see if something is sticking. If so, either clean & lube it, or just replace
it, theyâ??re not expensive. How does the switch measure pressure, internally
via a pipe fitting or via a small line going to the tank? It wouldnâ??t hurt to
pull the switch & see that there isnâ??t junk in the line.

Good luck.

Peace, Pat

Pat Horne
We support Habitat for Humanity