RE: New List

To: "Ulix Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: RE: New List
From: "Larry G. Miller" <millerls@classic.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 97 19:57:10 UT
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ulix

Neither one is running at the moment.  I broke the oil line from the block to
the gauge on the 60 while trying to get the distributor to clamp down and not
spin when the engine was revved. and have not got around to fixing it.  The 59
is undergoing a complete build.  That's build not rebuild.  I started with a
rolling tub with no bonnet.  Every thing that was not welded on and some
things that were, besides the suspension had been stripped, wires, brake
lines, gas lines, everything!.  I completed this by removing the entire
suspension and throwing it away. Took the remaining tub down to bare metal,
patched the rust holes and the odd holes made by the previous owner (the car
was a butchers race car in its prior life) and have started buying new parts,
lots of new parts.  I am currently trying to fit a fiberglass bonnet and build
a front hinge for it.  Have most of the new suspension parts in hand or on
back order. I am replacing the lever shocks completely including on the front
with a fabricated upper A arm. Going to use a "Big Brake" conversion that uses
MGB calipers and Spitfire rotors.  Replaced the rear hubs with double bearing
hubs and will replace the axels with hardened racing axels.  Using race
hardened stub axels on the front in place of the stock ones.  Mini Mania
builds a 1380cc engine with 113bhp (based on the latest "A" series engine) and
I intend to mate this with a Datsun B200 5-Speed and a 3.91 rear end.  My
friends all have Big Healeys and TR6's so the idea here is to build a Bugeye
that will run with the big dogs but still be basically British.  When
finished, the car should be about 95% new. My target date is the All British
meet in Palo Alto next September.

Larry Miller