Re: Degreasers & Paint removers?

To: "Sprite List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Degreasers & Paint removers?
From: "Jeff Church" <jchurch@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 22:52:22 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I like Castrol's Super Clean - or "purple shit", as the mechanic who
introduced me to it call it.  I has sodium hydroxide in and really does a
number on grease.  It starts working right away and should be rinsed off.
As far as paint removers go, I use Strip-X. I had it to remove old finish
off of some antiques I had.  It works well.  I even used it on aluminum
(windscreen, windscreen posts, sidescreens) that the PO had painted black.
It took a while, but it worked.

Cheers,
Jeff
AN5L 11627