Sudden brightening of lights, then back to normal.

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Sudden brightening of lights, then back to normal.
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 23:51:50 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Had one weird behaviour today, 75 Midget.

  Wife and I were driving home (with the top up, hey it's
October and this is Canada) when I said "does it seem to you
like the head lights and dash lights are really bright all
of a sudden"?

  As she was looking at them, they suddenly went back to
normal/dim, which we both agreed was not my imagination.

  I don't seem to have any other symptoms, but I wonder
if my alternator is shaky? Hmmm... strange. The bright
lights and dash were great for the 10 seconds they
lasted.

  Ideas? I don't seem to have any other electrical problems
at this time, never had an alternator problem.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada