under the hood

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: under the hood
From: mathysj@kenyon.edu
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 15:25:03 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Bob Evans wrote:

"I have been permanently bent in an inverted "L"
position for years. And the back of my head is filled with scar tissue.
Only those who have worked on a Frogeye engine would understand.  So
appreciate the ease with which you can work on the Midget"

My two cents worth.  I am 5'10" and I have never had a back ache as bad as when
I was working on the midget.  The bumper is at my knees.  The fenders are at
the middle of my thighs.  The top is at the middle of my chest.  When I
replaced the top this summer (4 hours on a Saturday in July) my back was stiff
for about 5 days.

Here is the kicker . . . my wife does not see the same problem.  She is 5"0".
I once watched her "jump" literally into the car during a heavy rainstorm
WITHOUT DUCKING HER HEAD.  I was amazed.  She just disappeared into the
blackness of the cockpit.  I proceeded to get drenched.

All in all, I got no complaints.

Sunny day . . . good day for a drive

 Go Fast MG

  Jeff