Re: V8 Spridget

To: David Brown <davebrown1@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: V8 Spridget
From: Rick & Carolyn <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 05:42:20 -0700
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Larry,

I have seen one bugeye that was done really nice with a V-8.  The only
thing was there wasn't much left of the original sprite.  He had taken
the body, cut out the bottom uniframe and set it on it on custom made
frame.  The frame was a magnessium base race frame, the kind that cost
several hundred/thousand dollars.  The engine was a 265 Cu with a four
on the floor.  I might be wrong on the engine size, I was pretty young
when I saw her.

like you, most of the v-8 conversions are pretty poorly constructed.
I've got a good canidate for one on the side of the house if anyone
would like to try.  The entire frame has been slashed.  Didn't leave
much room for your feet.  BTW it is a bugeye with a okay bonnet.

Rick Walters

52 MGTD, 74 MGB, 76 XJ12C, & Puddles (60 Frogeye)

http://www.softcom.net/users/walters