Re: Rear end ratios - some 5-speed content:)

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rear end ratios - some 5-speed content:)
From: Jay Quinn <jpquinn@cyberramp.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 09:43:22 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I have a 3.7, 3.9 and a 4.22.

I'm not letting go of any of 'em.

I am still needing to reassemble the ribcase with the prefered 1275 gears
back into one piece.

I'm still debating whether or not I will stick in the 3.7 or the 4.22 diff
in the axel when putting the rest of the car back into one piece.  One of
these years.

I had the 3.9 in there.  It was fine.  The 4.22 was the original when the
948 was in the car (Which I still have).  The 3.7 would be interesting.

I too have often wondered how the car will take off from 1st gear with the
3.7.  I have often wondered how much fun it will be buzzing around with the
4.22.

Seen as I work 3 miles from where I live, and only drove in very short
distances throughout the dense residential neighborhood, I'm better off
going with the 4.22.

Who out here has a 3.7 hooked up with a 1275/ribcase combo?  And how does
it work?