Shocks(I'm Ready To Quit)

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Shocks(I'm Ready To Quit)
From: "Larry G. Miller" <millerls@classic.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 97 01:47:49 UT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi All

As I said in my last message I removed the springs two days ago and removed
the top three leafs.  Today I thought that I would remove them again and
replace one leaf since it looks like the shocks are not going to work anyway.
Well that's what I get for thinking.  The original bolt through the spring
bush had been in the car for god knows how long and it came right out when I
first got the car and removed the springs. Two days ago the new bolt in the
new spring came right out.  Today the same new bolt in the same new spring has
fallen in love with the spring bush and will not give it up.  I have pounded
and pryed on it most of the day and have moved it about 1/8 inch.  I don't
want to use heat for fear of damage to the NEW bush rubber in the NEW spring.
I don't care about damage to the bolt as I have some more.  Can't really get
penetration oil in the damn thing without turning the car on its side.  Any
ideas besides heat and penetrating oil?

The saga really continues!!

Larry Miller