Re: A rose by any other name?

To: "Amy Turner" <ltturner@cococo.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: A rose by any other name?
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 97 06:00:58 -0400
Cc: "Paul" <pturner@aslanaudio.com>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On 10/25/97 4:39 PM so and so  Amy Turner said. (And I quote)

>Jeff Boatright wrote:
>>
>> Well, what _are_ the choices?
>>
>> Sprite + Midget = Spridget;   Midget + Sprite = Mite
>
>Hmmmm, let's see if I can come up with a few alternatives.
>
>* IBBCs (pronounced "Ibbicks") - Itty-Bitty British Cars
>
>* Mealeys - MG's and Healeys
>
>* HGs - "Higgs"
>
>* AHGs - The sound you make when you bang your thumb with a knock-off
>hammer.
>
>* Puddle Jumpers - a term popularized by Les Myers
>
>* [Insert combination of four-letter words here, probably including the
>name "Lucas" at some point] - What we all call the cars at one time or
>another.
>
>* Frigidaires - C'mon, you know we drive these cars because we think
>they make us look cool.  Truth is, it doesn't matter if they make us
>look cool.  We FEEL cool, and that's the important thing.
>
>* As a last resort, there's always the phrase "Sprites and Midgets."
>Long-winded, but accurate.
>
>Myself, I don't mind the word Spridget, but it seems to rub some people
>the wrong way.
>
>Hope this helps!
>
>Amy Turner
>1959 Sprite, AN5L12601
>http://www.cococo.net/pub/ltturner/healium.htm
Hey, I (no we) have a 78 Midget and I (hooty tooty) always thought
"Spridget" was a derogetory term. However, When we went down Skyline last
summer, the only person to stop and chat was a "square" Sprite. We went
nearly 2000 miles and saw nearly 6 LBS's and this was the only one to
stop and chat.
I knew a guy ( and drove it) that had a bugeye (or frogeye for the PC
types) When they were still being sold (being on OF, I'm not sure when
that was) and he was the best of dudes. I WILL no longer think of Sprites
as the orphaned LBC, but as a brother (sister) in kind.

Larry Macy
78 (Spr)idget