[Fwd: Bonnet]

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Fwd: Bonnet]
From: alan b fisher <hello39@idt.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 12:00:33 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

--- Begin Message ---
To: jphender@inav.net
Subject: Re: Bonnet
From: alan b fisher <hello39@idt.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 11:16:02 -0800
jphender@inav.net wrote

Jim,
In my opinion there is 2 areas I really don't mess with( safety and
headaches)
The fuel and brakes. I have seen crusty tank rust from the inside out.
Have played with liquid metal putty and all that stuff. I get new tanks
from
the British parts connection for around $107.00 and its worth it.
No drain plug but u can save yr old one and get it weled in cheaply.
Pumps are pretty hardy unit and can usually be saved.
Ring with an ohmmeter first anf check the resistance across it as it
moves
with the float.
Will help u with more if needed.
Alan:

> Hi Alan,
>
> Yeah, no kidding!  My car isn't worthy of a $400 hood!  If it were a
> real
> museum piece maybe.  I hope there is a way to use the one I have.
>
> I wish I had a trailer and the place to store some parts cars.  There
> must
> be a lot of them out there that need to be rescued.
>
> Just an update if you are interested (and even if you aren't, I love
> talk about it!) I've soaked most of one of the carbs in Gunk carb
> parts
> cleaner for about two days.  I'll blast it out tonight and put the
> rest in
> to soak.  I tried some of that Mag wheel cleaner that someone
> suggested on
> some of the aluminum parts.  WOW!  Spray a little on, let soak for a
> few
> seconds and rub with steel wool.  Shazam!  Brand new aluminum
> casting!  My
> distributor looks great!
>
> Jim of Iowa (Cedar Rapids)
>
> On Fri, 24 Oct 1997, alan b fisher wrote:
>
> > jphender@inav.net wrote:
> > Let me ponder the thought over the weekend. I also am rushing to
> finish
> > my
> > car trailer 2morrow and maybe offering on a package deal for 2 67
> > Midgets that one of which also had a very decent hood. I will try 2
> get
> > back 2 u asap.
> > I just checked VB and the new catalogue quotes $400.00 plus
> > shipping. Who can handle that price!!!!!!!!!
> > I would like to also get some sort of shipping quote from a place
> here
> > who did a very fragile windshield for me to Florida and guarantees
> > safe-dentfree delivery!
> > Tell me again which state yr in?
> > Alan
> >
> > > Hi Alan,
> > >
> > > Any idea what kind of $$ you want for yours?
> > >
> > > Jim

--- End Message ---