Jay I know how you feel

To: jpquinn@cyberramp.net (Jay Quinn)
Subject: Jay I know how you feel
From: Fred Krampits <fred@hprrc725.rose.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 97 11:05:17 PST
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I almost let that happen to me with my crackshaft pulley. Mine
seperated from metal fatigue (old age) on my Midget MK I, when ordering
a new one I also ordered a water pump, timing chain, crank and cam
sprockets, front seal, thermostat, new hoses and assorted seals and
gaskets. When I went to start the work I found my tools to be
inadequate, as well as the old, overweight mechanic (me) to be
inadequate also. I found one of my younger friends with a strong back
(and a much better and more comprehensive set of tools) to finish what
I started. I need a clutch and will probably have the same issues as
you in rebuilding the tranny and differential. This may seem like a lot
of work and bucks, but is nothing compared to the bills I get on my BMW
325I. If your donor car is a midget MK I, talk to me I may be
interested in some parts.

Fred Krampits