Disk caliper

Subject: Disk caliper
From: "Gronberg, John" <john.gronberg@us.landisstaefa.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 10:03:49 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I rebuilt the front disk calipers on my Sprite about two years ago. This
summer while I was underneath doing a grease job I noticed the inside
disk pad was worn more that the outside pad. I Didn't think too much
about it and reversed the pads so they would wear evenly. But that has
me thinking the pads should wear pretty evenly I believe, so I started
to think about why the pads would not wear the same. The only thing I
came up with is the outside caliper must have air inside keeping it from
compressing. Yes I did seperate them, yes I did replace the "o" ring
with new ones, yes I did use a torque wrench on the bolts.

Question; how do you bleed the outside caliper piston when the bleed
valve is only on the inside, caliper side of the two sided caliper?

I don't see how the fluid can flow into the outside caliper since you
cannot bleed that side.  It is sort of on a dead end street.

JG