Re: Air cleaner for your DGV

To: "Nolan, Michael F." <MICHAEL_NOLAN@cuusa.com>
Subject: Re: Air cleaner for your DGV
From: Dave Brown <davebrown1@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 17:56:24 -0800
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Nolan, Michael F. wrote:

> Dave Brown Said
>
> >>P.S. Did you ever check out the Weber info on my website?
> >>I am going to take it off next week.
> >>http://home.earthlink.net/~davebrown1/
>
> Dave,
> Good information !!!
> I will be converting over  the winter.  Thanks.
>
> Now a stoopid question.  Do you attach the manifold first or
> do you attach the weber to the manifold and then attach the
> manifold ??
>
> Mike

Mike,

I like stoopid questions the best 'cause my answers are stoopid too.

I attached the header to the engine first. It is a simple matter to put
the carb on, much easier than putting on the Stromberg. Just don't
forget to put on the throttle bracket before you tighten down the nuts.
The whole process takes about half an hour or less (the first time.)

I did have a clearance problem with my header. Solved the problem by
trimming the header with my Dremel.

Before you order, you must consider whether you want electric, water, or
manual choke. I got manual, not sure it is the best choice, although the
car starts first click without engaging the choke.

I am glad I got the whole kit. It came from Pierce via NW in Oregon. You
might do as well directly from Pierce. The Pierce people were very
helpful with my dumb questions, especially a chap named Gron (sic.)--not
a typo.

I did invest in a $20 Purolator fuel pressure regulator at my local auto
parts store (the chain stores didn't have one.)

Good luck