Re: Getting Nowhere Fast

To: "Larry G. Miller" <millerls@classic.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Getting Nowhere Fast
From: Dave Brown <davebrown1@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 18:17:47 -0800
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Larry,

Two thoughts,  both  perhaps irrelevant.

1/

> I checked the voltage to and from the coil and I see
> 12-13 volts everywhere.

Did you check the voltages at idle or at the engine speeds at which the miss
occurs?

2/ I recently put on a 40,000 volt MSD coil  on my '78 with Lucas electronic
ignition. I left the 9.6 ohm Lucas resistor in place. The car ran better than
stock (OK, maybe just my imagination.)   After deliberating on and second
guessing my instillation, I decided that maybe I should have used the 8 ohm
ceramic resistor which came with the new unit.I put it on in place of the Lucas
resistor. The car ran 30 seconds and died. This sad seqence was repeated with
each restart. Changed it back, and drove to work.

I wish you luck.

Dave