Re: Wiper Motor Removal

To: Tyson Sherman <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Subject: Re: Wiper Motor Removal
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 1997 15:38:08 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Tyson Sherman wrote:

> Hi list:
> What is the correct way to remove the cable from the
> wiper motor on a 73 Midget?  Pulling on the cable
> causes the wipers to wipe.  The cable seems to be
> pretty hard to get out too.
> Thanks!
> Tyson Sherman

Tyson

You have to undo the wheel boxes under the dash.
I believe you are trying to pull the wiper rack out without loosening
the wheel boxes. If it (the rack) is disconnected from the wiper motor
but not the wheel boxes and you are pulling the rack, you become the
wiper motor.
There are 2 screws on each wheel box, access is tough unless the dash is
out, lossen or remove these screws to remove the rack from the wheel
box.

Good luck

--
Frank Clarici