Working on the front end

To: "Sprite list" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Working on the front end
From: "Patton Dickson" <kpatton@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 16:46:28 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hey everybody,

The front end is off the car now.  It was even in worse shape than I
thought.  Looks as if it never was serviced.

I'm taking pictures and measurements of the shock kit, so I f anyone feels
up to trying to build it from scratch, I can give a guide at least.  I put
that up n my site when the job is finished, and the film comes back.

I did get the Wire Wheels mounted at a tire place here in Dallas, that
worked fine, except they scratched a couple spokes, but that was touched up
easily.  BTW I used the plasti-cote spray in a can, steel wheel color.  It
came out really nice, I have a clearcoat that they make that I will use to
keep them from scratching again.

While I'm under there, what should I pay for a used front sway bar.  My car
didn't have one, and now that my new A-arms have the holes, I think I should
go ahead and add a set.  I guess that I would need to buy the bar, brackets,
links, and then buy new bushings.  I guess at the moment I can't even do
that after the financial hit of the rest of the front end work.  My Birthday
and Christmas are coming up soon, so I get to start leaving parts list
around for my wife to get me presents :).

Anyway that's about it...  I should have the front end finished next
Saturday, and hopefully I can get to the rear so the car doesn't have to
have wire in the front, disk in the back for long.  Maybe I should have done
it a side at a time so it wouldn't ever look  that funny!

Patton Dickson            67 Austin-Healey Sprite                 Dallas, TX
See My Austin-Healey Sprite Page
www.geocities.com\TheTropics\Shores\1256\page2.html