5-speed conversion: the front U-joint

To: Rivergate@compuserve.com
Subject: 5-speed conversion: the front U-joint
From: Chuck Ciaffone <chuckc@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 09:12:27 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,

I am preparing to order the Datsun 5-speed conversion kit from
Rivergate. I have the engine and tranny out of the car, and I
am just now going to call some junk yards for the Datsun tranny.

Question: How does the front U-joint come out of the drive
shaft. It appears to be welded in. The shoulder of the yoke
sits right down on the end of the drive shaft, and there is a
weld around the shaft right at the joint. Sure doesn't look
like it will separate. Any suggestions are welcome. I don't
want to ruin the thing before I start.

chuck

chuck ciaffone chuckc@ibm.net